Home made cottage cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 gallon(s) milk any will do but raw is best
- 1/2 cup(s) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) citric acid or lemon if necessary
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- Pour milk into a lg saucepan and place over med. heat. Heat to 120*. remove from the heat and gently pour in the vinegar through a strainer. put in the citric acid. Stir slowly for 1 to 2 minutes. The curd will separate from the whey. cover and allow to sit at room temp. for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a colander lined with a cheese cloth allow it to drain for 5 min. Gather the cheese cloth up and you can run it under cold water to cool the curd down you must keep squeezing and moving the curd in the cheese cloth.Once cooled squeeze the curd to get out and whey and transfer it to a mixing bowl. add salt and heavy cream. Serve
- to make lg curd you can add rennet and all the curd to sit for 24 hours
This recipe is a personal recipe added by yelohamer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note