- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 (3-pound, 1-ounce) frozen deep-dish apple pie (we tested with Mrs. Smith's)
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in cheese. Gently work in butter with fingertips until mixture forms large crumbs. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove frozen pie from aluminum pieplate and place in an ungreased 10" deep-dish pieplate. Cut slits in top crust according to package directions. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal streusel over pie, mounding slightly in center. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 more minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool in pieplate on a wire rack at least 30 minutes before serving.