One Test Kitchen staffer who's an avid baker proclaimed she was "in love with this dough." It's easy to work with, stays moist, and melts in your mouth. We give a range on bake time because oven temperatures vary.
Southern Living APRIL 2009
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor. Process mixture 20 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse sand. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
2. Whisk together egg and cream; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and a dough forms.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times.
4. Transfer dough to a lightly greased baking sheet. Pat or roll dough into a 6-inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges; gently separate wedges by 1 inch. Brush tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp. sugar.
5. Bake at 425° for 18 to 23 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
Go to Full Version of