Cornmeal Mountain Pancakes
These pancakes were a favorite of my Uncle Ryce. His daughter, Shelley, modified this recipe to make it gluten-free by substituting 1 cup of flour for 1 cup of freshly ground cornmeal. The flavor is wonderfully nutty and the texture is light and not the least bit slimy, which is a common problem with gluten-free pancakes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1-1/2 cup(s) cornmeal freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- In medium bowl, combing eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and molasses.
- Sift together cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Combine with egg mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Preheat heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly grease skillet; cook pancakes until just done. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliejensen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cornmeal Mountain Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch