Based on other reviewers, I made a lime mayo (with garlic in mine) instead of the butter. I also used flounder instead of tilapia because that is what I had on hand. Served with recommended coleslaw and red grapes. We would make this again.
Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia Sandwiches with Lime Butter
Plate with grapes and coleslaw for a weeknight supper.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 345
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 39.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 708mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) French bread rolls, toasted
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 cup shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray. Dredge fish in cornmeal mixture.
- 3. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Combine butter, rind, and juice in a small bowl; stir well.
- 5. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture over cut side of each of 4 roll tops. Place 1 fillet, 1 tomato slice, and 1/4 cup lettuce on each of 4 roll bottoms. Place top halves of rolls on sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches