- 4 (3-ounce) whole-grain sub rolls
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled jicama
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled Fuji apple
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 4 (4-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Quick Chilled Pea Soup
- calories 392
- fat 12.6 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 30.7 g
- carbohydrate 42.1 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 58 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 615 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Place bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet, and broil for 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted.
Place mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add coleslaw, jicama, apple, and jalapeño; toss well to coat.
Place cornmeal and black pepper in a dish. Place milk in a dish. Dip fish in milk. Dredge in cornmeal mixture; shake off excess breading. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 fillet in each roll; divide coleslaw among sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.