- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes, crushed
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 7 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- calories 396
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 13.3 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 3.6 g
- protein 40.5 g
- carbohydrate 31.1 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 88 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 618 mg
- calcium 114 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425º.
Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet lined with foil; lightly coat tortilla strips with cooking spray. Sprinkle strips with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 425º for 10 minutes or until crisp, and set aside.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, onion flakes, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt; dredge in cornmeal mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine romaine and next 4 ingredients (through cilantro) in a large bowl. Combine juice, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 4 teaspoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Place 1 1/2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 plates; sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Place 1 fish fillet on each salad; top with 5 tortilla strips.