I LOVED this recipe! It may be because I found the most beautiful scallops at the store, but I also think that the flavors work really well. Since scallops are fairly expensive, I only bought 1/2 lb of scallops and used cod fillets nuggets for the other 1 lb of seafood. I thought the mint sauce went well with both the fish and the scallops, but of course was best with the sweet meat of the shellfish. I was surprised at the gorgeous brown crust I got on the scallops from just the cornmeal as the crust - flavor was perfect (no extra seasonings). I served with steamed green beans and garlic bread. A very excellent meal and I would 100% make again in the future. The only change would be to cut the honey and mint a bit from the sauce - both were very distinct in the batch I made, and I would like them to blend a bit more for my taste. Enjoy!
Cornmeal-Crusted Scallops with Mint Chimichurri
Chimichurri is a thick herb sauce commonly made with parsley and oregano, and served with grilled meat in Argentina. Mint gives this version a more delicate taste, making it perfect for seafood. Serve over a bed of rice to soak up the flavorful sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 576mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Green onion strips (optional)
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Dredge scallops in cornmeal. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chimichurri, and garnish with onion strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note