- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cold shortening, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 to 10 Tbsp. chilled apple cider
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter and shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas.
Mound flour mixture on 1 side of bowl. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. apple cider along edge of mixture in bowl. Using a fork, gently toss a small amount of flour mixture into cider just until dry ingredients are moistened. Move mixture to other side of bowl, and repeat procedure with remaining cider, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until a dough forms.
Gently gather dough into 2 flat disks. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 to 24 hours.