Cornmeal Cranberry Muffins
Use a spring-loaded ice-cream scoop to portion the batter evenly and neatly. Serve muffins with maple (or other flavored) butter. To serve as hors d'oeuvres, bake in miniature muffin pans; split each one horizontally, spread with honey mustard, and fill with thinly sliced country ham. Prep: 15 minutes, Bake: 20 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Sift together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir in cornmeal and salt until blended.
- 3. Cream together butter and sugar in a separate bowl at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in egg. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk, scraping bowl several times, until well blended. Gently fold in cranberries.
- 4. Spoon into greased or lined muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 20 to 22 minutes until muffins are set and just starting to turn light golden brown.
- 6. Cool in pans 2 minutes; turn out, and cool on wire rack for 3 to 5 more minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note