Cornmeal Cakes with Smoked Chicken and Coleslaw
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 1 (6-oz.) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1 pt. prepared coleslaw
- 1 pound chopped smoked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in corn kernels. Drop mixture by 1/4 cupfuls for each cornmeal cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 2. Divide coleslaw among cornmeal cakes; layer with chicken, barbecue sauce, and avocado slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This