flavor is really good....BUT....i did buy the thick cut bacon, and followed directions exactly...however parts of the bacon really burned to a crisp in less than 30...i guess the bacon i got wasn't 'uniform' in thickness? I'm gonna keep trying!
Cornmeal-and-Brown Sugar-Crusted Bacon
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 16 thick bacon slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge bacon slices in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- 2. Place half of bacon in a single layer on a lightly greased wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon, placing on another lightly greased wire rack in a second jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until browned and crisp. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This