Really liked this. We typically have to change the seasoning a bit to fit our taste buds so I didn't find it as tasteless as others noted. We used butter flavored cooking spray instead of butter and I had our son crunch up the cornflakes really well so it was more between cornflakes and breadcrumbs than just cornflakes.
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 157mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap. With a rolling pin, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Mix flour, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. In a second shallow dish, whisk eggs to combine. Spread cornflake crumbs on a second rimmed baking sheet.
- Dip chicken into seasoned flour, turning to coat, then dip in egg mixture. Remove chicken, allow excess egg to drip off, then press both sides into cornflakes. Transfer to baking sheet. Discard remaining flour, egg and cornflakes.
- Drizzle chicken with melted butter. Bake until coating is crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This