Cornerstone Crab Bisque
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- ! cup butter plus 1/2 c butter
- 1 cup finely chopped green
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 cups half & half
- 2 lbs crab meat
- 3/4 sherry
- Melt 1 cup butter in large skillet. Add green pepper,onion,green onion, & mushrooms and saute until soft. Heat remaining 1/2 cup butter in large saucepan; stir in flour. Add milk & cook, stirring, until thickened & smooth. Stir in salt & pepper.
- Add sauteed vegetables & half-and-half. Bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat & add crabmeat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 min. Add Sherry.
- (May substitute cooked, shrimp to make Shrimp Bisque. Restaurant used frozen smow crab, thawed but not drained)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kathy1220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cornerstone Crab Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews