Corned Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef brisket
- 24 (3/8-inch-thick) slices Dark Rye Bread
- 24 slices tomato
- 24 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup mustard, divided
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish, divided
- Place brisket and juices from bag in a large Dutch oven with cold water to cover; insert meat thermometer into thickest part of brisket, if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 1/2 hours or until brisket is tender or meat thermometer registers 180°. Remove brisket from water; let stand 30 minutes. Cut into thin slices diagonally across the grain.
- To Make Sandwiches: Place corned beef on half of Dark Rye Bread slices; top each with a tomato slice, a lettuce leaf, a cheese slice, and a teaspoon each of mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish. Cover with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches