Corned Beef Horseradish Terrine
Photo: James Carrier
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 543mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) cold butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- About 1/2 pound fat-trimmed thin-sliced cooked corned beef
- 1 baguette (about 8 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1. In a food processor, whirl cream cheese, butter, parsley, and horseradish to taste until smooth and pale green; scrape container sides as needed.
- 2. Lightly oil a 3- by 5-inch loaf pan (about 2 1/4 cups to the rim). Line with 1 layer of corned beef slices, neatly overlapped from 1 rim across bottom to the other rim (with ends extending over rim). Line ends of pan with corned beef slices, overlapping the bottom and pan rim.
- 3. Dot 1/3 cup cheese mixture onto meat in pan bottom; gently spread level. Cut 2 or 3 corned beef slices to fit pan, and lay neatly onto cheese mixture. Repeat to make 3 more layers, ending at the rim with cheese mixture. Cut 2 or 3 corned beef slices to fit pan and lay on cheese mixture to cover. Fold meat at pan rim neatly over filling; pat gently to make level. Wrap airtight.
- 4. Chill until firm enough to slice, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. Unwrap terrine; invert a flat plate onto pan. Holding plate and pan together, turn over and lift pan off. Pat loose pieces of corned beef back in place.
- 5. With a sharp knife, cut terrine into 8 to 10 equal slices. Serve with baguette slices on plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers