This was very good. I needed a way to use up leftovers from St. Patrick's Day, so I served this for Brunch the following Sunday. The cooking time was a little long for my stove- I should have added the eggs about 5 minutes earlier. I also used skim milk- since I had no whipping cream on hand- and a conglomeration of veggies from my St. Paddy's leftovers- so I had some chopped cabbage, carrots and onions in the mix with the potatoes. It was a hit. I'll probably make this each year when I find myself with extra corned beef on hand!
Corned Beef Hash
- 3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
- 3 cups peeled and coarsely chopped boiled potatoes
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 eggs
- Combine corned beef, potatoes, whipping cream, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add corned beef mixture; press flat with a spatula. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 15 minutes; stir once, and press flat again. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Make 6 indentions on top of hash mixture using back of a spoon. Add 1 egg to each indention. Cover skillet and cook an additional 5 minutes or until eggs reach desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch