Cornbread Stuffing Cups
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package cornbread mix, prepared according to package directions, then cooled
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces (2 links) spicy chicken or turkey sausage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter 2 baking sheets. Cut prepared cornbread into 1/2-¬inch cubes, then spread out on baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cubes are golden brown and toasted, mixing halfway through. Set baking sheets aside to cool slightly. Increase oven heat to 375°F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and apple. Season with salt, pepper, parsley and thyme, then sauté until mixture is tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove sausages from casings, add to skillet and sauté until no longer pink, breaking apart as they cook.
- Transfer sausage mixture to large bowl, then add toasted cornbread cubes and enough chicken broth to moisten cornbread, but not make it soggy, up to 1 cup. Liberally butter cups of muffin tin. Mound stuffing into cups, pressing to pack. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool 10 minutes in muffin tin, then run a sharp knife around the outside and pop out stuffing cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cornbread Stuffing Cups Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers