Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Cornbread recipe (8" sq pan) cubed
- 1 whole(s) Sourdough bread, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 whole(s) onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) sage, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) rosemary, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) turkey stock, or chicken stock
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- Toast the cubed breads, for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I make the cornbread the day before from scratch, you can use any recipe you like. For the sourdough bread, since loaves vary in size, I try to have equal parts sourdough to cornbread. Once the cubes are cooled, place in large mixing bowl.
- Saute the onions & celery in canola oil & butter (2-3 tbsp) until tender. Add the herbs, parsley & garlic powder. Heat through. Taste test, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold cooked vegetable/herb mixture into the breads. Add stock to moisten to your liking. Then add the egg/egg white mixture. Put some into your turkey if you like. Bake remaining stuffing in a 9X13 pan until heated through, 20-30 minutes & top is crisp and browned. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Palkscancook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note