This is a VERY unique stew, but has a delicious flavor. Try it if you are in the mood for something different. I made this for a ladies luncheon and it was received with rave reviews. I paired it with the Southern Cobb Salad. Great combination for a truly Southern lunch.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- Basic Buttermilk Cornbread
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Crumble cornbread into bowl of a food processor. Pulse 6 to 8 times or until coarse crumbs form (about 5 cups coarse crumbs).
- 2. Spread crumbs on a 15- x 10-inch baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Sauté shallot and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in crumbs, broth, and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews