This recipe goes with Fish Sliders on Cornbread Rounds with Red Pepper Mayonnaise
Yield: Makes 28 rounds
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together eggs, milk, and butter; add to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, spreading to edges of pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Cut cornbread into 28 rounds using a 2 1/2-inch cutter. Place cornbread rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Turn rounds over, and broil 1 to 2 more minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This