Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) celery chopped
- 1.5 onion chopped
- 2 bag(s) Pepperidge Farms Dry Cornbread Dressing Mix
- 2 box(es) chicken broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- poultry seasoning a few shakes
- Sage a few shakes
- 1 pound(s) bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 can(s) chopped water chestnuts
- turkey giblets cooked & chopped
- 2 eggs mix together
- Cook giblets in enough water to cover. Add to giblets 2 stalks celery with leaves and about 1/2 onion roughly chopped. Drain giblets, retaining water. Discard celery and onion and chop giblets.
- Cook Bacon and chop. Saute chopped celery and onion lightly in bacon grease, drain on paper towel.
- Put dry cornbread dressing mix in a large bowl. Add all ingredients to dressing mix, including eggs. If you have any drippings from the cooked turkey add that to the dressing mixture. You can also add a little of the chopped giblets. (if you are not making giblet gravy, add all giblets to the dressing mixture.) Add chicken broth to mixture until mixture is like a loose batter.
- Place in a greased casserole dish and cook in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. If not "set" in the middle, cook a little longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dhailsg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cornbread ressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles