Yum! Excellent Flavor! Very very moist dressing. I didn't make any gravy this year, because I had a ham and a fried turkey from Bojangles, so this dressing was perfect, since it didn't need any!
Cornbread 'n' Squash Dressing
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups cooked, crumbled cornbread
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a large skillet 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- 2. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients. Gently stir in cornbread and squash. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x-9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover unbaked casserole, and chill up to 24 hours. Let dressing come to room temperature (about 30 minutes), and bake as directed.
An 8-inch skillet or pan of baked cornbread will yield about 5 cups crumbled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note