This is a great southwest holiday recipe...the little spice is perfect with some warm temps outside!
Cornbread Muffin Trees
Jump-start this recipe by preparing and refrigerating dry and wet ingredients separately. Stir together as directed, and bake while guests enjoy the salad.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 17 Minutes
- 2 (6-oz.) packages buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (7-oz.) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1. Stir together buttermilk cornbread mix and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together corn and 1 1/2 cups buttermilk; add to cornbread mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2. Spoon into well-greased Christmas tree-shaped silicone muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Cotton Country Cornbread mix. To use regular muffin pans, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, filling muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake as directed. Makes 18 muffins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note