The actual cornbread itself has no flavor at all. I think there may be a typo in the recipe. Where it calls for 2 tablespoons of sugar, maybe replace with 2 tablespoons of SALT?
A sprinkling of yeast is stirred into the batter—but there's no rise time or kneading.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope rapid-rise yeast
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped black olives
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat a well-greased 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 5 minutes. Stir together cornmeal mix and next 6 ingredients just until moistened; pour into hot skillet. Sprinkle with feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, and rosemary. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note