Cornbread Dressing with Bacon and Pecans
Pecans and bacon are great tossed into this holiday dressing.
Yield: 10 servings
- Buttery Cornbread
- 6 bacon slices
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups torn day-old bread (6 slices)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
- Prepare Buttery Cornbread; cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Sauté celery and onion in bacon drippings in skillet 10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine crumbled cornbread, bacon, sautéed onion mixture, bread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon dressing into a 13" x 9" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables