- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Andrew's Cornbread
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
How to Make It
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, celery, and bell pepper, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Crumble cornbread into a large mixing bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture, half-and-half, and next 6 ingredients, and, if desired, rosemary. Add chicken broth, and gently stir until moistened. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.