Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 513mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 1/2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of salt
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, 1 tablespoon egg substitute, and oil; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into a 6-inch cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from skillet, and cool completely.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add celery and onion; saute 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Crumble cornbread into a bowl. Add vegetable mixture, bread, and remaining ingredients; stir well. Spoon mixture into a 7- x 5- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables