- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh corn kernels (about 3 to 4 ears)*
- Process first 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in corn, and chill 1 hour.
- Coat a 7-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom of pan. Cook 3 minutes or until top is set. Turn out onto wax paper; cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- *1 cup coarsely chopped frozen whole kernel corn may be substituted for frozen corn.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads