Good recipe, but I found that I needed to reduce the bake - time to keep the Crostini from becoming too dark. I baked for about 11 - 13 minutes instead of the 15 minutes the recipe called for.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Purcell
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Stir together all ingredients just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans (about 1 Tbsp. per cup). Bake, in batches, 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Cool completely, and freeze in zip-top plastic freezer bags up to 1 month, if desired. To serve, arrange desired number of cornbread rounds on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This