- 1 (8-oz.) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups Light Cornbread crumbs
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- Vegetable cooking spray
- calories 112
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 8.1 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 357 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
Stir together first 3 ingredients. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
Sauté bell pepper and onions in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.
Combine bell pepper mixture, mayonnaise, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in cornbread and crabmeat. Shape mixture into 16 (2 1/2-inch) cakes (about 1/4 cup each); place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
Lightly coat cakes with cooking spray. Cook crab cakes, in batches, in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with cilantro-jalapeño sour cream.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cake (including 1 Tbsp. cilantro-jalapeño sour cream).