This is a great recipe for Lent. My husband loved it. I will fix it again -- even after Lent. Next time I'll add more cheese.
Cool For: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) bottled salsa (i use medium heat, chipotle salsa)
- 1 can(s) corn (15 oz), drained
- 1 box(es) cornbread mix (7-8oz), like Jiffy
- cumin & chili powder, to taste
- 1 can(s) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg, for cornbread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) milk (I use skim), for cornbread
- 1 1/2 package(s) Morningstar crumbles
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- Heat oil in a large skillet; saute onion until soft. Add crumbles; cook until crumbles are completely unfrozen and soft. Stir in salsa, corn, beans, water and cheese. Season to taste with cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Spoon into a 7" x 11" (2 quart) casserole dish; smooth the top. Follow cornbread package directions to make cornbread mix. Spread a thin layer over the chili.
- If the casserole dish is very full, place it on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lisa1tabor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note