Community Recipe from
- 3 strip(s) bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 stick(s) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 package(s) corn bread mix (6 oz.)
- 1 can(s) corn, drained
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook ground beef in pan until cooked. Cook bacon 10 a large cast iron skillet over over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Crumble and set aside.
- 2. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings to a small bowl. Drain the remaining drippings from the skillet and discard. Wipe the skillet clean, then return the reserved drippings to the skillet. Place in oven to heat.
- 3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. add the milk, melted butter, and cornbread mix, stirring until blended. Stir in the corn, beef, and 1 and a half cups of cheese. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Pour the batter into the hot skillet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- 4. Bake until set and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 to 10 minutes in the skillet. Sprinkle with the bacon, cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by papaford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes