Cornbread and Sausage Dressing
Community Recipe from
- 2 box(es) Jiffy Corn Bread mix
- 1.5 stick(s) unsalted Butter
- 1 pound(s) Breakfast sausage
- 2.5 cup(s) yellow onion chopped
- 1.5 stalk(s) celery 1/4" sliced
- 0.25 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar
- 3 cup(s) Low sodium chicken broth
- 1.25 cup(s) Pecans Toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh sage chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 whole(s) eggs discard shells
- 1 to 2 days ahead - make corn bread following directions on box.
- Leave out to dry.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Scatter cooked cornbread on baking sheets.
- Bake, stirring often and rotating sheets halfway through until dried out - about an hour. Let cool.
- Transfer cornbread to large mixing bowl.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break into 1/2" to 1" pieces until all browned. Transfer to bowl with cornbread.
- Heat 3/4 cup butter in same skillet, add onions and celery - stir often until softened and beginning to brown. - about 10 minutes. Add to sausage and cornbread bowl.
- Add vinegar to skillet, scrape brown bits from pan. Bring up to temp - ~1 minute. Add to bowl.
- Gently fold in 1.5 cups chicken broth, pecans, sage, rosemary and thyme. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 13 x 9 dish.
- Whisk 1.5 cups broth and eggs in a small bowl. Fold gently into cornbread until thoroughly combined. Take care not to mash cornbread. Transfer to buttered dish. Cover with foil. Bake about 40 minutes to center is 160 degrees.
- Dressing mix can be made a day ahead. If so, bake uncovered until set and top is browned and crisp. Add 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jkshotwe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes