Just what I have been looking for going to stuff flouder Fillets roll up with toothpick and bake..sounds divine
More From Southern Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 cup fresh lump crabmeat, drained (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, divided
- 2 white bread slices, toasted and cut into cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3- to 5-lb.) striped bass or red snapper, dressed
- Kitchen string
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Let cool 30 minutes; crumble into a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning. Stir celery mixture, crab, bread cubes, parsley, and lemon zest into crumbled cornbread, stirring gently until blended. Add broth, and stir gently until moistened.
- 4. Sprinkle cavity of fish with remaining 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning. Spoon stuffing mixture into fish, and secure with kitchen string. Place fish in a large, lightly greased roasting pan.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note