Had a fairly strong buttermilk taste but was easy to prepare and tasty when warm. Consider using a 9x9 pan since it came out thin. White in color; you could butter the top during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking to brown. Good with chili or jambalaya.
This recipe goes with Southwestern Cornbread Dressing Cakes
Yield: 1 (13x9 inch) pan cornbread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white cornmeal mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch pan in a 425°oven for 5 minutes.
- Stir together white cornmeal mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Tilt pan to coat with butter, and pour butter into cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Pour cornmeal mixture into hot pan.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This