Corn and Zucchini Raita
Notes: Make the yogurt mixture up to 1 day ahead. Garnish salad with seeds and chilies just before serving.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- 2 cups fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels
- 2 zucchini (3/4 lb. total), ends trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 fresh serrano chilies
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Steam fresh corn and zucchini on a perforated rack over boiling water just until zucchini is tender when pierced, about 3 minutes. Let stand until cool.
- 2. Slit serrano chilies lengthwise into quarters, from tip to stem, leaving chili pieces attached at stem.
- 3. Pour oil into a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seed and mustard seed. When seeds pop, in about 30 seconds, add chilies and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool.
- 4. In a bowl, mix corn, zucchini, yogurt, and sour cream. Season to taste with salt, then scrape yogurt raita into a salad bowl.
- 5. Spoon oil with seeds and chilies onto raita. Garnish with bell pepper and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note