Corn and Zucchini Raita
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- 2 cups fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels
- 2 zucchini (3/4 lb. total), ends trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 fresh serrano chilies
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Steam fresh corn and zucchini on a perforated rack over boiling water just until zucchini is tender when pierced, about 3 minutes. Let stand until cool.
- 2. Slit serrano chilies lengthwise into quarters, from tip to stem, leaving chili pieces attached at stem.
- 3. Pour oil into a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seed and mustard seed. When seeds pop, in about 30 seconds, add chilies and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool.
- 4. In a bowl, mix corn, zucchini, yogurt, and sour cream. Season to taste with salt, then scrape yogurt raita into a salad bowl.
- 5. Spoon oil with seeds and chilies onto raita. Garnish with bell pepper and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This