Corn with Mustard Seeds
Photo: Susie Cushner
- 6 to 8 ears corn (or use 4 cups thawed frozen corn)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 or 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1. Slice kernels off corn, if using fresh.
- 2. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat, add mustard seeds, and cover. When seeds stop popping, lower heat to medium and add chiles; stir 30 seconds.
- 3. Stir in turmeric. Add corn and salt to taste. Toss, turn heat to low, cover, and cook until corn is tender, about 5 minutes (cook frozen corn about 1 minute). Stir in cilantro. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables