Corn Wheels and Zucchini Soup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 6.9%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 95mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup dehydrated masa flour (corn tortilla flour)
- 2 quarts fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3/4 pound zucchini
- 3 ears corn (each about 6 in.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, mix masa flour with 1 cup broth until smooth. Stir over high heat until mixture boils, then reduce heat to medium-low and stir until masa is thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour onto a flat plate. Spread evenly to make a 3/4-inch-thick cake; let cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse pan and add remaining broth and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Trim and discard zucchini ends. Cut zucchini into 3/4-inch cubes. Add zucchini to pan; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, discard husks and silks from corn. Cut corn crosswise into 1-inch-thick wheels. Also cut masa into 3/4-inch chunks. Add corn and masa chunks to broth.
- 5. Cover pan and return to boiling over high heat; simmer until corn is hot, about 3 minutes.
- 6. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, salt, and pepper to season portions to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews