- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- Cilantro-Lime Butter
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Stir together egg yolks, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and corn; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden. Serve with Cilantro-Lime Butter, honey, or maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn Waffles Recipe at a Glance