this was a HUGE hit at a bbq. definitely will make it again!
Corn and Tomato Salad
You can make this corn and tomato salad (through step 2) up to 4 hours ahead; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature to serve. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving this quick and easy side dish.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes such as Sweet 100s (about 10 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, and halved if larger than 3/4 inch
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion in olive oil until limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add corn and stir often just until tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Pour mixture into a wide serving bowl and stir in tomatoes, basil, and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Sprinkle goat cheese over salad; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cutting kernels: An average ear of corn weighs from 10 to 14 ounces and yields about 1 cup of kernels. To remove them, with a large, sharp knife, cut off and discard the stem end of each ear down to the beginning of the kernels. Pull off and discard the husks and silks; rinse ears. Holding each ear upright, shear off the kernels close to the cob.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This