- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes such as Sweet 100s (about 10 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, and halved if larger than 3/4 inch
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- calories 159
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 6 g
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 70 mg
- cholesterol 7.5 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion in olive oil until limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add corn and stir often just until tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes.
Pour mixture into a wide serving bowl and stir in tomatoes, basil, and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle goat cheese over salad; serve warm or at room temperature.
Cutting kernels: An average ear of corn weighs from 10 to 14 ounces and yields about 1 cup of kernels. To remove them, with a large, sharp knife, cut off and discard the stem end of each ear down to the beginning of the kernels. Pull off and discard the husks and silks; rinse ears. Holding each ear upright, shear off the kernels close to the cob.