This was a wonderful taste combination I would never have thought of! Used fat free flour tortillas instead of corn, and it was amazing.
Corn and Sun-Dried Tomato Quesadilla with Smoked Mozzarella
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Barr
We liked this cold, but you can warm it in a toaster oven or microwave. Serve with a tossed salad, and treat them like they are croutons (as pictured on page 127).
Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 4 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 525mg
- Calcium: 242mg
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen, thawed, corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- Pour oil onto one side of a tortilla. Place second tortilla over oiled side of first tortilla, and rub tortillas together to spread oil evenly over both tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Place corn in a bowl. Add onion, sun-dried tomato, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add to the corn mixture. Wipe pan with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla, oiled side down, in pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over tortilla; top with corn mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese; top with remaining tortilla, oiled side up. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and tortilla is crisp. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This