Texture was a little too eggy for me and a tad bit too much salt.
Corn Spoon Bread
Photo: Sang An
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or one 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F.
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal. Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs. Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
In Advance: Bake the spoon bread and let it cool. Set aside at room temperature for up to 4 hours. If desired, warm in a 250° F oven for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables