- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Stir in corn and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes. Stir in broth; simmer, uncovered, 18 minutes. (Most of broth will evaporate.) Stir in cream, and simmer 5 minutes.
Transfer corn mixture to a blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into skillet, discarding solids. Stir in salt and white pepper. Reheat if necessary. Pour into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle each with chives. Serve immediately.
Note: If you can't find canned vegetable broth, look for vegetable bouillon cubes. Reconstitute the cubes according to package instructions, and prepare soup recipe with 3 1/2 cups broth.