Corn Soufflé Hush Puppies
Thaw corn soufflé according to package directions.
Yield: Makes about 3 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen corn soufflé, thawed
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir together egg, milk, and 3 tablespoons oil; pour into flour mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in corn soufflé.
- Add oil to a depth of 3 inches into a heavy saucepan; heat to 370°. Drop batter, by tablespoonfuls, in batches, into hot oil. Fry 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads