This was a outstanding side. Just like the picture I left some of the potatoes chunky. Served with grilled pork chops .. nothing but raves!
Corn and Smoked Mozzarella Mashed Potatoes
Photo: Karry Hosford
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 325mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add corn; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add milk, cheese, and butter; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Add corn, cilantro, and remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables