- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in cooked rice, cream-style corn, and next 6 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated; top with shredded cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Note: To freeze, line baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil; fill and freeze. Lift frozen casserole from bakiing dish, and wrap tightly with foil; return to freezer. When ready to serve, remove foil, and place frozen casserole back into serving dish. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Bake as directed.