This is an easy and delicious dish. I made it Christmas to go with Ham.
Corn Pudding with Scallions and Red Pepper
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.93
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 183mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-inch square ovenproof glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine eggs, cream, sugar, butter, flour, baking powder and salt; blend. Add corn and blend until mixture is nearly smooth. Stir in scallions and bell pepper. Pour into dish and bake until set, with golden brown top, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pudding rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe also appeared in the December 2007 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards