Corn and Potato Chowder
Stop by the bakery for some rustic bread to accompany this hearty chowder.
Yield: 6 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until potato is tender. Add whipping cream and butter, stirring until butter melts. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle each serving with bacon.
- Fix it Faster: Cook bacon in the microwave or substitute packaged fully cooked bacon, prepared according to package directions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews