Corn and Potato Chowder
Stop by the bakery for some rustic bread to accompany this hearty chowder.
Yield: 6 cups
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Stir together first 10 ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until potato is tender. Add whipping cream and butter, stirring until butter melts. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle each serving with bacon.
- Fix it Faster: Cook bacon in the microwave or substitute packaged fully cooked bacon, prepared according to package directions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note